Ruby C. Hunt YMCA Winter Basketball
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE REGISTERING!
Winter is right around the corner and that means it’s time for our Winter Basketball to start back up! We will have a parent meeting on Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 in the Ruby C. Hunt Library at 6:30 PM. We will have a coaches meeting for anyone interested in coaching on Thursday, November 16th, 2023 in the Ruby C. Hunt YMCA Library at 6:30 PM.
PLEASE READ THE DETAILS BELOW:
- Skills nights will be for any players 7 years or older.
- There will be no skills night for any player that is younger than 7 years older.
- 7-18 ages will have the following skills nights (you must be registered to attend skills night):
- December 4th:
- 7-8 boys: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 9-10 boys: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- December 5th:
- 7-9 Girls: 6:00pm-7:00pm
- 10-12 Girls: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- 13-15 Girls: 8:00pm-9:00pm
- December 7th:
- 11-12 boys: 6:00pm-7:00pm,
- 13-15 boys: 7:00pm-8:00pm,
- 16-18 boys: 8:00pm-9:00pm.
- December 4th:
- On-time registration will go from October 2nd to November 19th, 2023.
- Late registration will be from November 20th to December 3rd, 2023.
- Age groups may be capped after on-time registration due to team size limits. Please sign up during on-time registration to secure your spot.
A late fee of $10.00 will be charged to anyone who signs up after November 20th, 2023.
Member Rate: $37.50
Non-Member Rate: $65.00
Boiling Springs Town residents get 10% off!
Financial Assistance available upon request.
- Practices will start the week of December 11th, 2023.
- Practices will be on a weekday evening, excluding Wednesdays.
- This means your practices could be on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday starting anytime from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (5:15 PM-6:00 PM for Little Hoops)
- We allow our volunteer coaches to pick their practice days to best fit their schedule since they are giving their time to volunteer for our community.
- Please be available for any of the potential days and times listed above.
- An initial message about practice will come sometime after your child’s skills night or (if your child does not have a skills night or misses skills night) after December 7th, 2023.
- IF YOU WILL HAVE CONSISTENT CONFLICTS WITH THE DATES/DAYS PROVIDED BELOW, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE DATES/DAYS ARE FINAL AND WILL NOT BE CHANGED UNLESS UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES ARISE.
- Games will start for basketball on January 5th, 2023.
- Games at Ruby will be on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- This means your games could be on a Friday starting anytime from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Saturday starting anytime from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- If your age division has to inter-league (play with the Dover or Kings Mountain YMCA) there may be weekday games (Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday) at the Kings Mountain Family or Dover Foundation YMCA.
- Inter-league play will involve traveling to the Kings Mountain or Dover YMCAs for games and could happen for any age division (except 3-4 Little Hoops)
- Ages 7 years and older will play an eight-game season. Ages younger than 7 years old will play a six-game season. Little Hoops (3-4-year-old basketball) does not play games. Little Hoops will instead have six practice sessions from 5:15 PM to 6:00 PM. There will be one session each week.
- There will be no playoffs.
- NOT ALL REQUESTS WILL BE MET AND WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT ANY REQUEST WILL BE MET.
- We do accept requests for specific teams or coaches; however, we ask that any request be made out of necessity (transportation, family, work schedule, etc.)
- Please do not request specific coaches or players out of preference.
- We desire for our sports program to build a community and this involves our participants and parents be able to meet new people and create new bonds.
- Please only request a teammate or coach if you absolutely need it.
- With this in mind, NOT ALL REQUESTS WILL BE MET AND WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT ANY REQUEST WILL BE MET.
- For all game scheduling we will be using the Y-Gametime
- Link to Ruby’s Y-Gametime page: https://ygametime.com/branch/ruby/sports/
- We ask that all parents and coaches check Y-Gametime on a regular basis to see any updates to the schedule.
- We aim to communicate all these updates to coaches; however, every individual is responsible for staying up to date with their game schedule and any changes that may happen.
- We encourage everyone to ensure that all their contact information submitted is accurate and up to date.
- You will most likely receive text messages from coaches.
- You will certainly receive emails from staff about updates and important information!
- So please ensure your email and phone number are current and up to date!
Also please check your email and text messages regularly to stay informed.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
3-4 Little Hoops (Thursdays Only)
3-4 Little Hoops (Tuesdays Only)