· The Cleveland County Family YMCA was founded in 1992
· Over 200 families contributed to the "Founders Campaign" to create the new YMCA
· The YMCA began programs in 1992 and opened a wellness center on Marion St. in 1994
· The YMCA sold over 700 family memberships in their first year
· The Boiling Springs YMCA was chartered as a branch in 1998
· The Kings Mountain YMCA was chartered as a branch in 1999
· The Dover Foundation YMCA was chartered as a branch in 2000
· River Bend Golf Course was donated in 2005
· In 2006, After School and summer camp program began in Rutherford County as a partnership with Rutherford County Schools
· Ruby Hunt YMCA opened the summer of 2008
· Diabetes Prevention Programs begin in 2012
· The YMCA currently has over 6000 families and 16,000 individual members
· Close to 20,000 county residents utilize YMCA programs and services annually
· The YMCA operates close to 150 programs throughout the year
· The YMCA has an operating budget close to $5,000,000
· The YMCA has received successful annual audits since its inception
· The YMCA has had over $19 million pledged to its operation since 1992
· No-one is turned away because of their inability to pay
· The YMCA has awarded over $2,000,000 in financial assistance since 2000
· The YMCA utilizes close to 1000 volunteers that serve nearly 25,000 volunteer hours annually.
· A growing number of donors and volunteers are physically and emotionally tied to the YMCA.
· The YMCA is one of the few agencies that brings the different faiths, races, ages, neighborhoods, and communities together in a welcoming environment
Helping ALL people reach their God given potential in spirit, mind and body.
The Cleveland County Family YMCA will strengthen the foundations of our community by working in partnership with our neighbors to ensure that ALL people have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Our YMCA is a faith based organization that reaches thousands of children and families through life-enriching services. We will focus on three areas of impact which will guide our organization over the next 5 years.
AREAS of IMPACT:
Ø YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
Ø HEALTHY LIVING
Ø SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY