ABOUT OUR SWIM LESSONS
Here at the YMCA we want everyone to leave feeling that they are safe and confident swimmers in any body of water. We put an emphasis on safety and life saving skills. Cassidy's Story is a wonderful heart touching story that depicts what we do in our lessons; you can watch her short story here. The Y’s new swim lesson progression curriculum is designed to help participants reach their goals and provide a clear progression track to find and register for the class that meets their needs click here.
Benefits of this approach include:
Decide which stage your child is in HERE.
- Accommodating students of varying abilities and ages
- Fostering a sense of achievement and self-confidence
- Staying grounded in a skill continuum that allows students to move easily from one stage to the next with clearly defined stages of progress along the way. See detailed information on the new skills taught in each of the STAGES
- Encouraging students to have fun and develop new friendships through group activities
- Improving communication about student’s progress
Raeanne Lovelace, Aquatics Lead Staff
Aquatics Office: (704) 669-3627
Welcome Center: (704) 484- 9622